Nov 2015 - Dec 2017
MEPLINKS – UAE, QATAR
• Designed and implemented the route-to-market strategy for MEPLinks, a tech start-up providing online trading and networking for engineering and contracting firms.
• Recruited, trained and managed the sales and marketing team. The team enlisted over 200 companies to the platform from Dubai (Q4 2017). Also represented the company in various trade-shows and exhibitions in the region.
• Liaised with advertisement agencies and oversaw the creation of all marketing content, collaterals and BTL advertisement to promote the brand and showcase the platform’s functionality. Provided design guidelines and copy (literature) for the same.
• Achieved web-platform statistics of over 4,000 sessions, 1,600 users, and 20,000 page-views within the first quarter of launch. (Analytics Report: https://goo.gl/iaTaA4). Managed all social media handles and digital campaigns.
• Carried out feasibility studies and market research during initial phase of the start-up. Also created financial models to assist in pricing policy and break-even analysis.
Aug 2015 - Oct 2015
KPMg advisory - Doha, qatar
management consultant - mba intern
• Conducted information interviews with high-level executives and decision makers for data gathering purposes and understanding of key issues being faced by the client.
• Analysed business processes and recommended improvements to increase efficiencies for client organisation. Reduced reporting lag by 15% and inter-department response times by an additional 10%.
• Aided in creating Marketing and IT Policies & Procedures during engagement. Also streamlined reporting hierarchy and refined quality of SLA between various shared departments.
• Collaborated in developing technical and commercial proposals for a Shared Services Management engagement bid. Designed a 5-phased approach to achieve Target Operating Model (TOM).
Sep 2012 - July 2014
score consultancy - dubai, uae
business development manager
• Executed initial sales pitch for Integrated Business Excellence Models, Balanced Scorecard and other Quality Management Frameworks. Worked closely with consultants to analyse client requirements to develop winning technical proposals.
• Redesigned official website with a strong focus on content marketing & user experience. Launched and maintained online marketing and advertisement initiatives such as Google AdWords Campaign for the firm.
• Increased leads by 300% and job orders by 25%.
• Tracked all business development activities, analysed quarterly progress and suggested new strategies based on reviews.
Jan 2011 - July 2012
johnson controls inc. (nyse: JCI) - Abu dhabi, uae
systems design engineer
• Led a team of engineers and technicians to successfully complete testing & commissioning of Building Management Systems (BMS) of Etihad Towers project (Total project value: $700M).
• Conducted inspections of mechanical equipment and plant rooms. Also designed Lighting Control and Security Systems for various projects; submitted and received approval for CAD drawings and technical submittals for the same.
• Prepared Operations & Maintenance (O&M) Manual for projects; provided training to client’s staff and carried out the final handover of the project.
• Worked in design, installation, testing and commissioning, and handover of BMS and HVAC system for other projects including Cleveland Clinic, Arzanah Medical Complex, Al Rotana Beach Resort, etc.
PROJECTS (ACADEMICALLY SPONSORED)
- 2015 Desigual, Spain: Operations Strategy - Reducing OPEX and optimizing operations strategy. Identified saturated, linear & exponential growth markets and designed SKU distribution accordingly. Projected reduction of OPEX by €700,000.
- 2010 Bentler Automotive, UK: Operations Strategy - Built a robust excel model and mapped the value stream for Benteler Automotive, UK. Suggested improvement in assembly line and reduced various bottlenecks. Achieved reduction of costs by 5% and manufacturing time by 12%.
Sept 2014 - June 2017*
IESE BUSINESS SCHOOL - BARCELONA, SPAIN
(GLOBAL MBA RANKING 7, FT.COM, 2015)
DEGREE: MASTERS OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
Aug 2007 - Mar 2010
ASTON UNIVERSITY - BIRMINGHAM, UNITED KINGDOM
DEGREE: BACHELORS OF ENGINEERING HONS. (B. ENG MECHANICAL)
* School approved sabbatical on account of family emergency
Community Leadership & Awards
•2017: Worked as Speech Coach at the TEDx-IESEBarcelona event. Helped with the content, design, and flow of the speech for two speakers at the event. Topics included “Design Innovation in Healthcare” and “Power & Politics in Organizations”.
•2015: Created an online course on udemy.com that has been bought by 100+ students and received average rating of 4.50/5
•2013: Taught SAT II Math & Physics to prospective test-takers, average score improvement of 75 points.
•2012: Received Appreciation Certificate for organizing sporting events for the Emirates Autism Centre, Abu Dhabi, UAE.
•2007 – 2010: Received international student scholarship at Aston University on account of prior academic excellence.
•2007 – 2010: Mentored engineering diploma students at the Frankley City Learning Centre.
•2005 – 2007: Volunteered for various functions held by Golden Age Foundation, Dubai (NPO).